I recently passed ISC2’s Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification.
While preparing for the certification I found that there are hardly any reviews shared by individuals who had already taken the test for the benefit of ones who plan to take it and want to get a test taker’s perspective.
So, here is my take in a QA format.
How long did I prepare for the exam?
Focussed study of around 40 hours spread over 4 weeks.
I already have following credentials that helped a lot in covering major aspects of the materials covered in CCSP:
- Cloud Security Alliance’s CCSK
- ISC2 – CISSP
- I have more than 10 years of Software/Cloud Security Engineering and related professional experience.
What materials did I use for preparation?
1) The Official CBK – the first edition. I read a lot of bad reviews about the book but as far as providing relevant information goes, I found this book to be enough.
2) CCSK V3 Prep guide: I did read this for the following 4 domains:
- Platform anf Infrastructure
- Data Security
3) Cybrary online video – https://www.cybrary.it/course/isc2-certified-cloud-security-professional-ccsp/
Just this will not be enough to clear the CCSP exam but its good, quick “ a day before the exam” kind of refresher.
Is the exam worth the time and money?
Its not a hands on exam and rather checks the theoretical understanding of the concepts of Cloud engineering and the ability to apply those concepts to answer scenarios based questions.
In my opinion that theory and concept should always precede actual hands on work, and so yes this is a worthy investment.